Hills Ford are stepping up for
Hills Ford is taking part in the UK’s biggest road safety event, Road Safety Week (18-24 November), coordinated by Brake, the road safety charity, and sponsored by Specsavers and Kwik Fit. This year, thousands of organisations, schools and community groups are being encouraged to step up for safe streets and shout about, learn about, and celebrate the design led solutions which can eliminate death and serious injury from the roads.
Every 20 minutes, someone is killed or seriously injured on a British road. Each of these tragedies has a devastating effect on families and local communities. This year’s Road Safety Week theme, ‘step up for safe streets’, is focussing on the safe systems approach – the design led solutions that can prevent these tragedies and make local roads safer. These can be anything from 20mph limits in urban areas and vehicle technology which prevents vehicles from speeding, to segregated cycle paths and graduated driver licensing
Brake is urging everyone to ‘step up’ by leaving the car at home, to help improve safety and air quality, or by pledging to be a safe driver – always keeping within speed limits and never drinking or taking drugs and driving.
Everyone can get involved too by taking part in Brake’s national survey about the safety of the streets where you live. Brake will share the findings from the survey with local authorities to help them understand the views of the people who live, work and play on their streets. This is available from via www.roadsafetyweek.org.uk/survey
Book your free winter health check
CONTACT US TO BOOK YOUR FREE HEALTH CHECK
Quote ‘Hills Health Check’
At Hills Ford we will carry out vital safety health checks to ensure both you and your car are kept safe on the roads.
- A tyre safety check will be undertaken to ensure tyres are in an optimum condition to cope with the colder and wetter weather this winter
- Your tyres will be set to the correct pressures for maximum efficiency and performance
- We will carry out a brake safety check to ensure your vehicle is able to stop whatever the conditions
- Your vehicles lights will be tested to ensure you have the best visibility on the roads and to be seen by others at night
- All fluids, batteries and other consumables will be checked to ensure they are in a roadworthy condition.
In Car SAFETY FEATURES
ACTIVE CITY STOP
To help avoid low speed collisions, the vehicle brakes for you
Cross Traffic Alert
Spots the vehicles you might miss
Emergency Brake Assist
Extra power for emergency braking
Intelligent Protection System
Coordinated safety systems activate in a split-second
Rear Inflatable Seatbelt
Added protection for your passengers
Roll Stability Control
Continuous protection against rolling over